Today’s post is all about living a healthier lifestyle. 🍎 Now, don’t go running away…this isn’t going to be a rant about how you should be going to the gym 24/7 to work on your abs and drinking 10 gallons of water a day. Instead, it’s going to be me sharing 4 concise, simple steps you can make towards living a healthier lifestyle.
1 // water
Water is so important. Drinking at least one cup every meal will make a difference in your life! Your body is made up of water – 60% of your body mass, in fact! It’s what keeps your body moving and functioning properly. Fill up a water bottle and keep it with you throughout the day. If drinking water isn’t “your cup of tea,” try adding some freshly squeezed lemon or frozen fruit to it. Dehydration will leave you feeling lethargic and motivation-less. Bottom line? Stay hydrated!
2 // sleep
Sleep is so so so important. It lets your body shut down for the day and rejuvenates you for the next! Try to get off your screens at least 1/2 hour before bed. Do you have trouble waking up and hate using an alarm clock? Try sleeping with your curtains open. Waking up to natural light will make you feel more energized and ready to start the day! For those of you who think waking up early sucks, it isn’t all that bad! And hey, guess what? More productivity happens the earlier in the day it is!
3 // excersize
If you have a membership at a gym, use it! Try to go at least once or twice a week minimum. On “off” days, try doing other physical activity like walking, biking, running, or swimming to keep your body moving. If you don’t have a gym membership, try looking up some fun and challenging workouts to do on Pinterest or YouTube. Try making a goal to do some sort of physical activity every single day this week.
4 // food
I know, I know. Eating healthy is hard to accomplish. Because CHOCOLATE! But making an effort to eat just a little healthier each day will make you feel a whole lot better! Try eating fruits or veggies at each meal during the day and as snacks throughout. However, eating substantial foods will boost your energy levels. Here are some beneficial foods:
- Yogurt is not only loaded with vitamins – it’s also packed with good bacteria and is high in protein. Try eating Greek Yogurt as a healthier option instead of your normal every-day sugared up stuff.
- Almonds area great cure for headaches! They have more fiber than other tree nuts and are high in many nutrients.
- Broccoli is a great source of vitamin C, and also has nutrients that have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Blueberries help prevent diseases and help the body function properly. They’re great in smoothies, parfaits, and on pancakes!
- Avocados are rich in healthy fats and contain a lot of fiber. Try making homemade guacamole! 🌮
Don’t restrict yourself and ban all those good foods, because hey, we all need a little something amazing to eat now and then.
And there are the four tips! Make tougher, yet achievable goals to help you make steps toward living healthier. Remember, our ultimate goal is to glorify God in everything we do, including our bodies!
+ let’s get chatty
What is something you know you need to do to start living healthier?